SMALL BUSINESS GRANT PROGRAM
SMALL BUSINESS GRANT PROGRAM
RI Rebounds Small Business Grant Program
The RI Rebounds Small Business Grant Program provides direct financial assistance to our state’s small businesses that have suffered financially due to the COVID-19 pandemic. RI Rebounds Small Business Grants are available for either $2,500 or $5,000.
The application period for the RI Rebounds Small Business Grant Program closed on Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 3:30 PM.
The Commerce team and our partners are presently reviewing applications. If you have applied for the RI Rebounds Small Business Grant Program, please keep an eye on your email for further instructions.
Updated July 1, 2022: Treasury has clarified that a SAM.gov Unique Entity ID (UEI) or registration is not a requirement for participants in the RI Rebounds Small Business Grant Program. Based on this update, we are no longer requiring a SAM.gov UEI or registration.
If you have questions about the Small Business grant program, you can contact us at RISmallBiz@CommerceRI.com.
To add your SAM.gov registration (12 alpha-numeric characters):
- If possible, please use a laptop or desktop computer.
- Sign into the online portal and select the name of your application to open the application.
- Select the “Business Information” page from the menu on the left side of the application screen.
- Change your answers to “Does your business have an active Sam.gov registration?” to “Yes” and enter your SAM.gov 12-digit alpha-numeric ID.
- At the bottom of the business information page, select “Save.”
THOSE SELECTED FOR PROGRAM DOCUMENTATION SPOT CHECK
If you have been selected as part of the program’s internal controls audit, the RI Rebounds Small Business Grant team will reach out to request backup documentation for the information included in your application. These documents can be uploaded into the application portal by logging back in.
If you would like help pulling together the required documentation, you may reach out to any one of the RI Rebounds Small Business Grants Technical Assistance Providers (available here and listed below) for free support.
How to Obtain a UEI or active SAM.gov registration
Updated May 2, 2022: As of April 1, 2022, DUNS numbers are no longer required for this grant program. As of April 27, 2022, sole proprietors are no longer required to obtain an active SAM.gov registration and may obtain only the Unique Entity ID.
Registering in the System of Award Management (SAM.gov) is a federal requirement for all payees of RI Small Business Grants. Registration is free and assistance is available to help with these registration processes.
- For incorporated entities ONLY, a full active SAM.gov registration is required in advance of receiving funding through this grant program.
- For sole proprietors that are not incorporated ONLY, obtaining a Unique Entity ID (UEI) through SAM.gov is required in advance of receiving funding through this grant program.
Obtaining a Unique Entity Identification (UEI) or Active Registration can be completed for free on the SAM.gov website.
First, create an account at login.gov. Then, follow the steps provided by SAM.gov to complete the Unique Entity ID and/or Registration processes.
Important: If asked “Why are you registering?,” select only the following response: I only want to apply for federal assistance opportunities like grants, loans, and other financial assistance programs.
Important: You may be asked to supply information about your business, including a notarized letter. Templates and instructions can be found here.
If you need additional assistance on SAM.gov registration (not on any other aspect of the grant program), please check out the Federal Service Desk (FSD) which provides free assistance via Live Chat or phone (866-606-8220) along with other helpful guides. More information about registering for SAM.gov is available in the Resources section below.
- Frequently Asked Questions document
- Net Financial Need Calculator
- Expense Listing Form
- Application User Guide
- List of Technical Assistance Partners
- VIDEO: How to Complete or Check the Status of your Application
- VIDEO: Get a Unique Entity ID (SAM)
- SAM.gov and DUNS Requirement Information
Technical Assistance Partners
The following partners are here to provide RI’s small businesses with direct support to apply for this grant program at no cost to you. They can provide accounting support services as well as more general support in more than 10 languages. Click here to view a downloadable PDF of the list.
- Center for Southeast Asians. Contact: Upine (Pin) Minyvong – email@example.com
- Language supports: Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Hmong, Tagalog, Khmer, Laotian, Spanish
- Center for Women and Enterprise. Contact: Sarah Linker – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401-277-0800
- Language supports: Spanish — Niza Vinas (para las citas en Español clic aqui o llame al 401-427-6535 o email email@example.com
- RI Black Business Association. Contact: Lisa Ranglin – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Language supports: Spanish
- RI Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. Contact: Martha Perez-Barton – email@example.com
- Language supports: Spanish
- RI Small Business Development Center (SBDC). Schedule an appointment.
- RI SCORE. Schedule a mentor request.
- RI Society of Certified Public Accountants. Contact: Melissa Travis & Amanda Iovini – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Roads Consulting Group. Contact: Andrea Perez – email@example.com
- Language supports in: French, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean
Stay up-to-date on the latest from the Rhode Island Rebounds Small Business Grant Program by signing up below
Stay up-to-date with the latest news about the Rhode Island Rebounds Small Business Grant program