RI Rebounds Energy Efficiency Program
En Español Aquí (disponible pronto)
The RI Rebounds Energy Efficiency Program is a statewide effort to assist small businesses reduce their energy costs by implementing measures that improve energy efficiency. This initiative will support small businesses recover from the negative impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, including rising energy costs experienced in 2020-2021.
This program will reimburse small businesses up to $10,000 for energy efficiency measures implemented as the result of an energy efficiency audit.
Program Eligibility Requirements
- Have less than $2 million in annual gross revenues
- Been in operation as of October 1, 2021 or earlier
- Not be disbarred in the federal System of Account Management (SAM)
- Be a Rhode Island business or nonprofit
- Demonstrate a negative impact from the COVID-19 pandemic
- Have received less than $30,000 in the aggregate from the RI Rebounds programs
Eligible Projects or Purchases will include:
- LED lighting upgrades and controls
- Cooler/refrigeration controls
- Programmable WiFi thermostats
- Air sealing and building insulation
- Variable frequency drives
- Water saving devices
- Boiler and hot water controls
- Roof top unit controls
- Pumps and efficient motors
- Custom equipment and controls
- Electric panel upgrades
- Removal knob-and-tube wiring
- Improvements to ventilation:
- Purchasing and installing a higher-grade filter within an existing air handling unit
- Central HVAC installation, repair, or balancing
- HVAC UVGI system installation
- Adding a portable fan filter unit (PFFU)
- HRV system installation, repair, or balancing
- Adding an indoor air purifier
Program Funding Caps
- Small businesses are eligible to receive up to $10,000 in reimbursement from the RI Rebounds Energy Efficiency Program.
- Eligible small businesses are capped in the amount of funds they can receive from all RI Rebounds programs. Small businesses may only receive $10,000 in each of the following RI Rebounds programs and no more than $30,000 in the aggregate: Energy Efficiency, Ventilation, Take It Outside, Technical Assistance programs, and Small Business Direct Grants (maximum Direct Grants award was $5,800).
Energy Assessment/Audit Providers (no cost; no obligation)
- Rhode Island Energy’s Small Business Program delivered by RISE Engineering: complete this form or call 877-784-3709 to schedule a no cost audit
- Block Island Power Company
- Licensed and Registered Contractors *
- To verify registered and licensed contractors (commercial roofers, home inspectors, underground utility, water filtration, well drilling, pump installers, etc.), visit https://crb.ri.gov/
- To verify licensed trades professionals (alarm business and agents, electricians, hoisting engineers, mechanical, and plumbers/irrigators, etc.), visit https://dlt.ri.gov/regulation-and-safety/professional-regulation
*Only energy assessments/audits conducted by a Rhode Island registered and licensed professional will be accepted for the RI Rebounds Energy Efficiency program.
Clean Heat RI
Clean Heat RI is a heat pump program offering incentives for the installation of high efficiency heat pumps for households, small to mid-sized businesses, and non-profits. Visit the Clean Heat website to learn more about the program and apply for incentives.