The Rhode Island Rebounds Ventilation Program is a statewide effort to improve indoor air quality in an effort to reduce the transmission rate of COVID-19 and support small businesses recovery.
Small business owners or authorized representatives will apply online to a selected intermediary. The online application will include information about their small business. After submitting their application, the applicant will be asked to submit follow up documentation to their intermediary.
- For completed projects seeking reimbursement – paid invoice or receipt
- Only projects or purchases completed after March 3, 2021 are eligible for reimbursement through this program.
- For proposed projects seeking approval for future reimbursement – quote, invoice, or purchase order
Intermediaries will review and approve applications. If approved, the small business owner will provide paid invoices or receipts clearly documenting completed work for review and reimbursement.
- City of East Providence
- City of Pawtucket
- Federal Hill Commerce Association
- Greater Newport Chamber of Commerce
- North Kingstown Chamber of Commerce
- Northern Rhode Island Chamber of Commerce
- Rhode Island Hospitality Association
- Rhode Island Small Business Coalition
- RISE Engineering
Program Eligibility Requirements:
- have less than $1 million in annual gross revenues
- not be disbarred in the federal System of Account Management (SAM)
- not be permanently closed
- have been open and operating prior to October 1, 2021
- not be a nationally or regionally owned franchise
- be a Rhode Island business or nonprofit
- demonstrate a negative impact from the COVID-19 pandemic
Eligible Projects or Purchases:
- Purchasing and installing a higher-grade filter within an existing air handling unit
- Central HVAC installation, repair, or balancing
- HVAC UVGI system installation
- Adding a portable fan filter unit (PFFU)
- Adding an indoor air purifier
- Adding a window or windows to a small business
- Adding a ceiling fan, exhaust fan, or box fan to help distribute air
- Receipt of an indoor airflow and quality assessment
Program Funding Caps:
- Small businesses are eligible to receive up to $10,000 in reimbursement from the RI Rebounds Ventilation Program
- Small businesses may only receive $10,000 in total across the RI Rebounds Ventilation Program and the RI Rebounds Take It Outside Program
- Small businesses may only receive $20,000 in total across the following RI Rebounds programs (Ventilation, Take It Outside, Technical Assistance, and Small Business Direct Grant)
- For more information on the funding caps, please refer to the FAQ.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The project is being supported, in whole or in part, by federal award number SLFRFP0136 (State Fiscal Recovery Funds) awarded to the State of Rhode Island by the U.S. Department of Treasury.
Stay up-to-date on the latest from the Rhode Island Rebounds Small Business Grant Program by signing up below
Stay up-to-date with the latest news about the Rhode Island Rebounds Small Business Grant program