We work to empower small businesses in Rhode Island by offering business assistance, access to funding, red tape reduction, and other tools that enable growth. We do this by:
- Providing easy access to resource partners through phone and web solutions
- Delivering professional services based on expertise and experience
- Connecting small business to private sector resources
- Creating innovative service solutions to small business challenges
Our network partners offer a wide variety of services, including:
Accounting & Financial Analysis Business Plan & Consulting Support Financing Human Resource Management Marketing & Product Development Networking & Business Development Regulatory Assistance Site Selection Tax Incentives Waste Management Consulting
Advocacy & Lobbying Employee Recruitment & Training Government Contracting Market Research Mentoring & Consulting Operations & Supply Chain Management Sales Starting a Business Trade & Export Services Zoning- & Licensing-Related Support
Why Our Business is Small BusinessThere are more than 98,000 small businesses in Rhode Island. They drive innovation, product development, and job growth – and their success is absolutely essential to the state’s economic future.
- Small businesses employ over 225,000 workers (approximately 53.5% of the workforce).
- Small businesses account for 2,958 net new jobs.
- Small businesses account for 88.2% of state exports.