The Rhode Island Procurement and Technical Assistance Program (RI PTAC) can assist your business in learning how to navigate the government procurement process at the federal, state, and local municipality levels.
Rhode Island businesses learn how to:
- Conduct market research, find government opportunities, and establish relationships with agencies and primes
- Complete SAM and other governmental vendor registrations
- Read and understand government bid and proposal solicitations
- Prepare, review and finalize a bid or proposal
- Locate businesses – large and small – to form partnering agreements
- Locate technical information and pricing data
- Understand RFID, UID, and packaging standards
- Navigate 8(a), HUBZone, WOSB, EDWOSB, DBE certifications and Veteran-owned business verification
- Prepare for pre-bid conferences, debriefings, and pre-award meetings
- Participate in electronic and other Internet-based bid opportunities
- Properly submit an invoice electronically, such as with the iRAPT system
- Handle post-award contract administration
The RI PTAC team consistently helps our clients succeed in the government market. During the 2017 calendar year our clients were awarded a total of 1,522 contracts with a dollar value over $230, 394,985. The dollar value of contracts awarded to Rhode Island small businesses totaled over $188 million.
Learn more about how RI PTAC can help your business
or contact one of our team members.
RI PTAC is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the Defense Logistics Agency.