We work to empower small businesses in Rhode Island by offering business assistance, access to funding, red tape reduction, and other tools that enable growth. We do this by:
- Providing easy access to resource partners through phone and web solutions
- Delivering professional services based on expertise and experience
- Connecting small business to private sector resources
- Creating innovative service solutions to small business challenges
Our network partners offer a wide variety
of services, including:
Business Plan & Consulting Support
Human Resource Management
Marketing & Product Development
Networking & Business Development
Waste Management Consulting
Advocacy & Lobbying
Employee Recruitment & Training
Mentoring & Consulting
Operations & Supply Chain Management
Starting a Business
Trade & Export Services
Zoning- & Licensing-Related Support
Why Our Business is Small Business
There are more than 98,000 small businesses in Rhode Island. They drive innovation, product development, and job growth – and their success is absolutely essential to the state’s economic future.
- Small businesses employ over 225,000 workers (approximately 53.5% of the workforce).
- Small businesses account for 2,958 net new jobs.
- Small businesses account for 88.2% of state exports.
– 2017 SBA Small Business Profile
Who drives business growth?
Business owners generate growth by creating new ways of obtaining capital, exploiting technology, expanding markets, leveraging partnerships, and managing processes and people.
Sometimes, growth demands outside expertise — and that’s when owners turn to our Business Advisors. They provide quick access to a variety of partners who offer market intelligence, helpful tools, and outsourced business services.