The Main Street Rhode Island Streetscape Improvement Fund awards grants or loans on a competitive basis for improvements to our commercial districts. Funding is available for projects that improve the streetscape, such as enhanced sidewalks, new street furniture, new way-finding signage, upgraded building facades or improved street lighting. Projects can receive up to $300,000 in funding. Applicants must have matching funds of at least 30% of the total project cost, though matching funds can take multiple forms, including expenditure on direct construction costs or soft costs, real estate donated to the project, or federal or local grants.
The application period has now passed.
In the News
- Main Street grant awarded to Smithfield (The Valley Breeze)
- Bristol is Recipient of RI Commerce Corporation Grant Second Year in a Row (City of Bristol)
- North Kingstown receives state grant to improve Wickford (NK Standard-Times)
- Westerly selected for $140k state grant for downtown improvements (The Westerly Sun)
- East Bay included in second round of Main Street Grants (East Bay RI)
- Jamestown awarded $65k to repair East Ferry Lot (Jamestown Press)
- Commerce RI approves $1M in grant awards for streetscape improvements (Providence Business News)
Hannah Moore at email@example.com